Pursue a Tourism Career
THERE ARE SO MANY EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY WITH A DIVERSE OFFERING OF CAREER PATHWAYS AVAILABLE.
Enjoy a fulfilling tourism career.
Explore a range of study options through:
- Queensland Skills Gateway
- TAFE Queensland
- Griffith University
- University Queensland
- Bond University
Discover a variety of career options here:
- 2019-2020 Tourism and Hospitality Career Guide – Developed by the Queensland Tourism Industry Council to showcase occupations required to deliver services associated with the tourism and hospitality sectors. The website includes occupations that are both directly and indirectly related to the tourism industry.
- Discover Tourism! - your online source for starting and enhancing a career in tourism.
- Discover Hospitality! - your online source for starting and enhancing a career in hospitality.
Speak with your school counsellor or local university, TAFE or training provider for more information.
There are great programs to help you get your dream job.
Programs are available to students and young adults through:
- Access fee-free training in high priority areas with Fee-free training for Year 12 graduates
- The Queensland Government is increasing support for young Queenslanders up to the age of 21 by providing access to fully subsidised training across 139 priority apprenticeship or traineeship qualifications
- Boost your skills and move into employment quicker with Certificate 3 Guarantee
- The User Choice program provides flexibility for apprentices and trainees
- Secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university with the Higher Level Skills Program
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work provides a variety of funding programs for young people aged 15-24 years old
- Study while still in school through Vocational education and training in schools
- Get assistance to help pay tuition fees for higher level VET qualifications through VET Student Loans
- Seek an internship placement through Youth Jobs PaTH
- The Youth Employment Program provides assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking for work or assistance on completing high school or considering further education.
Tourism is a growing industry – jump on the excitement and work in a rewarding job today.